April 22, 2011

Spitballin' and Spawn

This week marked the launch of Spitballin' Comics, an artist collective sketch blog based out of the Greater Toronto Area.  I was added to the contributors as a late addition, and I'm so excited to be a part of such a talented roster of artists.  Every week we'll pick a different character from comics and/or general nerd culture for each artist to illustrate their take on.  First choice belonged to David J. Cutler with Todd McFarlane's SPAWN!

Not knowing much about Spawn myself I had to resort to a google image search.  I was completely baffled by this one cover illustration that kept popping up in which Spawn sported these gigantic angel wings.  I still can't be sure if this is even in continuity but I couldn't resist this completely 90's concept of the "redeemed Spawn" for my contribution to this week's Spitballin' choice!




Don't forget to check out all the talented artists over at Spitballin' Comics!!!

- Selena

No comments:

Post a Comment